Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Oracle Apex info
Oracle Apex info [message #255929] Thu, 02 August 2007 07:39 Go to next message
bhoite_amol83
Hi All,
I want to know some information about the Oracle Apex(Application Express). Now i dont have any idea about it.

I am working as a Oracle PL/SQL Developer. I want to know if i want to learn Oracle APEX then how much time(how many weeks?) do i need to learn this technology properly?
Also please tell me how popular Oracle Apex is. i.e. Will it be good for my future prospects.

Hope i will get proper guidence from you people.

Thanaks in advance.
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256071 is a reply to message #255929] Thu, 02 August 2007 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I don't think ApEx has found it's niche yet.

It's not seen as a serious contender against .Net and the like for Web deployed applications, however it is probably a good fit for a great many such applications.

I think the problem is that companies want to use a standard. If ApEx is not appropriate for EVERY application, then they want to stick with .Net or whatever so they don't have to multi-skill their programmers.

Oracle provide a 2-day CBT tutorial that you can complete online for free. See http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/appdev.300/b32470/toc.htm and http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/appdev.300/b32469/toc.htm

Sign-up for you free account here

Ross Leishman
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256102 is a reply to message #255929] Fri, 03 August 2007 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhoite_amol83
Hi Ross,

Thank you very much for your informative reply.

Actually my problem is....
One of the client company is working on Oracle APEX so they want to continue their project with us. So client want to know that how many days do our team need to understand the Oracle Apex.

As you suggest that 2-day CBT tutorial will useful to learn Apex.
But if consider all the scenarios in the project then please sugget me that how many days it will take.
And how much period do i suggest to client????

I will be thankful for your great suggetions.

Thanks in Advancs.

Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256291 is a reply to message #256102] Fri, 03 August 2007 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Just becuase Apex can be used to build simple application - doesn't mean that it's not suitable for much bigger applications. It's security looks to be tight and it's efficient.
If http://metalink.oracle.com and http://asktom.oracle.com are written in Apex - it' can't be too bad (Metalink used to be Java based)! Metalink may be the most heavily used customer web app that Oracle has...

Would you try to write "Opacle Applications" eBusiness suite in Apex - maybe not.

2 days is definitely not long enough. Just like any other feature rich tool/language - it's going to take compitent developers some time to get the best out of it. Knowing Oracle PL/SQL web toolkit (OWA* etc packages), Javascript, html, css etc. with greatly determine how long it takes to come up to speed.

There is plenty of support and lots of activity on http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=137

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2007 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256344 is a reply to message #256291] Fri, 03 August 2007 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I think if you have at least one or (preferably) two experienced ApEx developers on the project, then you could build a good solution with the rest (say, up to 6) having completed the 2-day CBT proving they have HTML and some previous web-based application experience.

This advice applies not just to ApEx, but to all programming languages. The quality of the build will be directly determined by the skill and experience of the lead designers, their ability to communicate their vision to the other developers, and the developers ability to follow instructions. If you have all of this, you don't every developer to be an expert, they just need to be smart enough to follow the design pattern.

Ross Leishman
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256427 is a reply to message #255929] Sat, 04 August 2007 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ava_ava
Hi,
Amol

This is avanish Misra,Tech Lead, Oracle India. I am having one and half year experience On Oracle APEX. Even i worked on 5 major projects that we were developing for India Government. All projects were develoved using APEX.

I am in favour of oracle APEX.Because this new tool is catching market very fast in western countries specially in canada, Germany and other EU nations. Because it's free with oracle 10g database.That's the biggest advantage.

And this tool is enriched with some beautiful features.We can embed Javascript, XML as well.

Because you are PL/SQL Professional.So, it's an added advantage.Anyone can learn it within 2-3 weeks and i am ready to provide you any help regarding APEX.
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #256561 is a reply to message #255929] Mon, 06 August 2007 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhoite_amol83
Hi Experts,

I really appreciate your replies.
Your experience really helps me.

With the help of your replies i got exact idea about the Oracle Apex.

Thank you very much.

Thanks,
Amol
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #427085 is a reply to message #256561] Wed, 21 October 2009 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mahmud732
Hi all,

I am new in APEX.

Please help me by giving some demo of apex development.

My mail Address: mahmud732@yahoo.com

Regards

Mahmud
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #427103 is a reply to message #427085] Wed, 21 October 2009 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
http://apex.oracle.com/i/index.html

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #427243 is a reply to message #427103] Wed, 21 October 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
This is probably somewhere under the link Michel provided. It's not a comprehensive demo - just some of the new features in 3.1. 3.2.1 is latest.
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=22359:1
Re: Oracle Apex info [message #427285 is a reply to message #427085] Wed, 21 October 2009 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
mahmud732 wrote on Wed, 21 October 2009 08:03
Please help me by giving some demo of apex development.

This is Denes Kubicek's blog. It also contains a demo application so - take a look!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 October 2009 14:27]

Re: Oracle Apex info [message #570601 is a reply to message #255929] Mon, 12 November 2012 10:45 Go to previous message
BBMamun
Hi Mohit,

I am from Bangladesh. We have developed 4 online software with Apex 4.1 in Oracle Database 11g r2 for Bangladesh Govt. with daily transaction of more than 50,000 and with at least 3500 Apex users where 1000 concurrent users are handled. The system is working just fine. For a commercial project in Oracle Database where you need a tool which can help Rapid development and can be learned easily to develop your own workforce I think you should think of Apex without a second thought. We will be glad to provide any help.

Hasan Al Mamun
Programmer
Bangladesh Bank
Dhaka, Bangladesh

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2012 10:49]

Previous Topic: Apex not displaying success message
Next Topic: APEX materials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:14:58 CDT 2024