Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Installing Application Express (Merged)
Installing Application Express (Merged) [message #216371] Fri, 26 January 2007 16:28 Go to next message
fullfocus
Hello:

I was able to successfully install Oracle Application Express. In so doing, when I try to access my Enterprise Manager Database Control I am unable.

I receive the following:
Internet Explorer cannot open web page

Does anyone have an idea what caused this? I don't understand why installing Application Express would have an effect on EM.

Maybe I used the wrong documentation for the installation. The document I used stated that I should install the HTTP Server first and then the software. Is that correct?

Can someone point me to the right documentation for a successful install?

Thank you for your help.
Specify Home Details window for HTTP Server install for APEX [message #216432 is a reply to message #216371] Sat, 27 January 2007 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fullfocus
Hello:

I hope someone can clarify something for me. I'm trying to install the HTTP Server for Application Express using the Oracle 10g Companion Products for Windows. When I get to the "Specify Home Details" window; I am asked to enter the path for the directory location for the Oracle home.

Here is where the confusion lies:
My Oracle Home for 10g is set to c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1.

One set of documentation for the companion CD states to enter the directory location for the Oracle home. I believe the path would be the one I have above.

Yet, another set of documentation tells me that I need to create a new home as:
c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\http_1.

I am confused as to what path I should be using.

Can someone help me out? Can someone tell me which path I should be using?

Thank you for your help.
Re: Specify Home Details window for HTTP Server install for APEX [message #216629 is a reply to message #216432] Mon, 29 January 2007 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
each product should be installed in it's own home. Make sure that one product isn't trying to use the same port as another product (confirm the port configuration - see the documentaion for where to look). Make sure that the http daemons are started for each product. Search for recent log files - and check them for more detailed error messages.
Re: Specify Home Details window for HTTP Server install for APEX [message #216642 is a reply to message #216629] Mon, 29 January 2007 16:23 Go to previous message
fullfocus
Hello:

Thank you for your reply.

I checked my portlist.ini file and I have the following entries:
iSQL*Plus HTTP port number =5560
Enterprise Manager Console HTTP Port (orcl) = 1158
Enterprise Manager Agent Port (orcl) = 3938

My port number for APEX is 7777 and it is not included.

How do I tell whether the http daemons are started for each product?
Previous Topic: Problem with multiple sql comands on Oracle Express (apex)
Next Topic: Oracle version 6 to version 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:39:04 CDT 2024