Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied [message #196521] Thu, 05 October 2006 14:13 Go to next message
ora_amateur
I have installed Express10g. I am trying to use this code to connect to the dbase.

Set OraDatabase = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
OraDatabase.Open "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; C:\oraclexe\oradata\XE\users.dbf;webuser/userpswd;"

I get the ORA-01017 Error Message

How can I fix this?

I can access the dbase from SQLPLUS by entering the username: webuser and the password of userpswd

But I can not access it through the ASP page.
Re: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied [message #201474 is a reply to message #196521] Sat, 04 November 2006 14:29 Go to previous message
kimant
Now, I do not know ASP, but when I see that You have inserted the path to a datafile in You connection entry, I am very sure that this is where You have made Your mistake.

C:\oraclexe\oradata\XE\users.dbf

I do not know SQL Server, but I think I have heard somewhere that You can connect to a SQL Server database by pointing at it's datafile. Oracle is not like that.

Here You connect to a IP address(hostname), port, SID/Service name. It may be stored in a ODBC connection on Your machine.

Check Your ASP docs. for connecting to Oracle.
Or go to http://otn.oracle.com and check the .Net examples. There are many.

Good luck!

Kim Anthonisen
Previous Topic: installation
Next Topic: ias 10g and developer 6i servlets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:27:11 CDT 2024