Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » how to create setup in d2k for my project
how to create setup in d2k for my project [message #172177] Mon, 15 May 2006 06:49 Go to next message
ranisri321
hi iam rani iam working as a programmer on olive technologies.iam modifing already completed application.but i dont know how to make setup for this application.
In other words, the problem is to make a setup.exe of the software which has been made for a company. By 'setup.exe', I mean that the GUI we usually get when we wanna install some Microsoft Product in which we just have to press OK button again & again.
As we have to keep one thing in our mind that the client is totally illiterate as far as the Computer knowledge is concerned.
The thing is that I want to distribute my project/application as a auto run cd, such that if anyone wants to install my sw, one just has to insert the CD in the CD rom drive and there is no need to make DNS and copying forms & reports manually.All these tasks must be automatic.

What my superiors want out of me that all the tools require to run the sw made by us got installed just by inserting an auto executable CD and by following the on screen instructions. They also want that the D2k runtime gets installed alongwith and the respective icons also get placed on desktop etc.
Kindly show me the way.......

The second thing is that I want to attach help files or help tags along with the fields of my forms made in D2.But, I do not know the solution exacltly.
kindly mail me asap and help me out if anyone knows the solution.
Hoping to get a positive response soon
Re: how to create setup in d2k for my project [message #172277 is a reply to message #172177] Mon, 15 May 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Are you sure that this is the VMS-related question? VMS 6.1 I use is command-line oriented operating system, and all commands we issue are written in DCL; there's no GUI nor desktop with icons. Do your clients use X-Windows?

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid you'd get better answer if you asked this question on VMS-specialized forum. I'd say that automated forms and reports copy process into appropriate directories will be the easiest part of the whole procedure.
Re: how to create setup in d2k for my project [message #243449 is a reply to message #172177] Thu, 07 June 2007 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveenjanu

i'm also doing a project in D2K.. Please give me the solution for the above.
Re: how to create setup in d2k for my project [message #243848 is a reply to message #243449] Sun, 10 June 2007 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranisri321
hi
put the form icon on desktop by using right click the forms icon.
goto the properties of form icon and enter the path of ur login form of project.

Example
if ur login form name is login.fmx and it is in D directory
enter the path like D:\login.fmx

thats it

when u double click the forms icon it will directly open ur login form

TRy thid it will workout.

Re: how to create setup in d2k for my project [message #243880 is a reply to message #243848] Sun, 10 June 2007 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@ranisri321, we are talking about VMS operating system here, not Windows.

Also, please, write "you" instead of "u" (and "your" instead of "ur"); leave those abbreviations for your IM client software.
icon4.gif  how to create iconic button in forms 1 [message #482663 is a reply to message #243880] Mon, 15 November 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gopalsaw
hi

I am trying to create iconic button in 10g forms ,in the same process i can create in 6i but in 10g I am not able to create in 10g form
so pls write all process then send my mail
gopal_saw@rediff.com

pls its urgent
Re: how to create iconic button in forms 1 [message #482666 is a reply to message #482663] Mon, 15 November 2010 04:41 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You can't. Forms 10g should be deployed to the web.

Anyway: do you realize that this is most probably the wrong place to ask that question?
Previous Topic: UTL_FILE on VAX VMS
Next Topic: ORA errors when coping Virtual Machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:58:49 CDT 2024