Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Not able to open the Desktop Editor
Not able to open the Desktop Editor [message #156657] Thu, 26 January 2006 15:22 Go to next message
saritha_says

Hello,

I have installed Discoverer Admin 4.1. I am trying to login to Desktop Editor or Administration Editor.
It gives me an error message
Unable to Connect: ----
Failed to connect to Database - Unable to connect to Oracle Application database. invalid username/password.

i am able to connect from my office desktop. when i connnect the network cord to my laptop i am not able to connect. Oracle application,sqlplus,toad every thing works fine... except the Discoverer.
I have also give the Gateway nUser ID: applsyspub/pub
Foundation name: apps

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,
saritha.
Re: Not able to open the Desktop Editor [message #156978 is a reply to message #156657] Mon, 30 January 2006 08:20 Go to previous message
skooman
Saritha,

Discover has the habit of requiring it's own Oracle home. So, it also has it's own home directory and it's own tnsnames.ora.

But you don't mention any tns errors, so I'm not sure about this. Please find out what the sid's are you're using and whether there is anything unusual about your tnsnames, usernames etc. (like: same sid for a local database and some serverbased one...)

regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: How to pass common parameter for all sheets in same report
Next Topic: Drill Down Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 09:16:54 CDT 2024