Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Double quote in Web pl.sql
Double quote in Web pl.sql [message #154656] Mon, 09 January 2006 23:41 Go to next message
rawat_me
Hi Gurus,
I have a problem when loading the Web pl/sql pages.
I have Web pages which are generated by PL/SQL Packages or procedures. When i am editing one report and inserting Double QUOTE in the varchar field everything is fine that is the value is inserted in the database . But when i am reopening my similar page for editing it is giving problem in loading and the problem is coming when extracting Double quote from the database and generating page.

So i tried with inputing single quote in the varchar field and every thing is fine and in the second time also the page is displaying and i am to edit second time also .

so please tell me why the error is coming in double quote as my business requiremnt is inserting double quote.

thanks
rawat
Re: Double quote in Web pl.sql [message #155020 is a reply to message #154656] Wed, 11 January 2006 15:14 Go to previous message
andrew again
It sounds like the " is beining interpreted in your HTML. You should escape strings coming out of the database.

select htf.escape_sc('this"quote') from dual;
this"quote
Previous Topic: Mass Test Forms Application (Forms Applet)
Next Topic: sys.dbms_trace?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:34:04 CDT 2024