Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » .prt file problem converting report 2.5 to 6i
icon5.gif  .prt file problem converting report 2.5 to 6i [message #148066] Tue, 22 November 2005 09:16
mercator
Hello,

we have a customer using an old version our software (forms 4.5 & reports 2.5) ... after upgrading the whole thing to developer 6i (recompiling) we have a problem with 2 special reports that need to be printed on a dot matrix printer using fanfold paper.

Both reports are set in character mode (destype=character) and should use a .prt file which was developed especially for each of 'em in the old version (desformat=filename).

When the customer now tries to print (using the same .prt file & printer as before) from a 6i test system, the reports unfortunately don't work any more (e.g. when try to print a slip there is a form feed / page break after each record which leaves several slips unprinted wasting tons of paper etc) ... btw, it also doesn't work locally here on our development system. The originally used "printer-codes" are still there and the same (only the first field contains any, so no changes on that).

Unfortunately none of the original developers is still here, so nobody to ask about this topic at all :-/

For me it seemed that the reports don't use the .prt any more, so i checked reports_path in registry and also copied the .prt into the same folder as the reports - without any effect at all.

Not knowing anything about using escape sequences for dot matrix printers at all i'm now somehow stuck (cause i still don't really understand what the .prt should do even after looking up some manuals) ... anything else i can do to make the original setup work even in 6i (maybe i forgot something) ?! Or is there anyone who could explain me escape sequences for Epson dot matrix printers (in this case LQ-590 ESC/P2) to find out what's wrong ?!

Any help would be appreciated - thx !

---

in addition, here is one of the .prt-files:

printer "slipetk"

height 16
width 60

return control(M)
after page control(L)
linefeed control(J)
before report control(@)

code "234" esc "!" control(D)
code "432" esc "!" control(@)