Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Passing Oracle logon infomrmations while Running Oracle 10g Report
Passing Oracle logon infomrmations while Running Oracle 10g Report [message #140289] Mon, 03 October 2005 08:38 Go to next message
nuruthin

Hi friends,

I am using Oracle 10g Application Server & Oracle 10g Forms & Report services in two deffirent machines. J2EE Applications are running on Oracle 10g AS & Reports are running on Forms & Reports Services. I want to call Reports which is running on another server From Oracle 10g As. Everything is working fine. But I have to pass all the parameters thru a query String. So the problem is all the endusers can view the Database details by taking the properties.

#) I want to set the Database Logon information some where in any confiruration file and this should read when calling reports. so that i can avoid passing of Database user informations. Is there any way to configure like this?

#) Multiple applications are running on Oracle AS and each applications are using defferent schema. How can I set the different User Informations in the configuration file.

I want to completely avoid passing of Oracle user informations thru http.

thanks & regards

Nuruthin Ahammed
nuruthin@hotmail.com
Re: Passing Oracle logon infomrmations while Running Oracle 10g Report [message #140297 is a reply to message #140289] Mon, 03 October 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmmfoo
This is an answer to only part of your question.

I've never seen it described in oracle's documentation, but you can pass parameters to an oracle reports server as html form values instead of using querystring values.

That stops the information from appearing in the browser's "location" bar.

My own approach has been to encode an html form with the parameters

target="_blank" 
  method="post"
  action="[full url of the report here]"

As far as the rest of your questions, I suspect there's probably a way to do them but I don't know it myself. Perhaps someone else will be able to answer that part.
icon14.gif  Re: Passing Oracle logon infomrmations while Running Oracle 10g Report [message #140430 is a reply to message #140289] Tue, 04 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuruthin

Thanks for ur reply.

But I am showing reports in a separate popup window since the client wants like that. Also we have set the the look and feel without any frames. But your method can be follow if I do not get any other solution.

Once again thanks

Nuruthin Ahammed
Re: Passing Oracle logon infomrmations while Running Oracle 10g Report [message #140481 is a reply to message #140430] Tue, 04 October 2005 08:02 Go to previous message
kmmfoo
umm...

this approach _does_ load the reports in a separate popup window. that's what the "target" parameter of the form tag does.
Previous Topic: Is Oracle 9ias Release 2compatible with Forms 6i??
Next Topic: Configuration web server mod plsql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:14 CDT 2024