Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Oracle HTML DB
Oracle HTML DB [message #116184] Mon, 18 April 2005 08:48 Go to next message
Nainar
Hi
I'm new to Oracle HTML DB. I want to integrate this feature with my Oracle 9i. I'm having dump of the Oracle HTML DB. Apart from this any thing needed to integrate? If any one give guidance it wud be useful.

Thanks
-N
Re: Oracle HTML DB [message #116186 is a reply to message #116184] Mon, 18 April 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
htmldb.oracle.com has a bunch of good stuff, including links to a discussion group that the oracle developers who are writing it partiticipate in. It is a great tool, just download it and install it in your db. Should work with 9iR2 DB and higher, I think you need at least 9.2.0.4. Or 10g of course.
Re: Oracle HTML DB [message #116191 is a reply to message #116186] Mon, 18 April 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nainar
Thankx Martin. I'm having some more doubts.
1) Where shall we install? in server or client?
(becaz I've tried in client, but no nothing has appeared as new)
2) Do u have any idea how to start work in it?

Rgds
-N
Re: Oracle HTML DB [message #116195 is a reply to message #116184] Mon, 18 April 2005 09:26 Go to previous message
smartin
You install it in the database...in the server.

You then access it through a web browser from anywhere (typically client). Both the administration access and the developer access is done through the browser, but only after it is installed and running in the server.

There is documentation for the how to install it part, an install guide and all of that. Best way is to read.

But, really the best thing to do is start using the product first before you worry about installing and administering it on your own. You can sign up for a free account on the htmldb.oracle.com website and start creating applications and seeing what the product can do and how it does it right away.

Then, after you are a bit more familiar, you can download it and install and administer your own copy of it.
Previous Topic: Prob install HTML_DB
Next Topic: Anyone tried OTN whitepaper 'converting MS Access App to HTML DB'?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:59:23 CDT 2024