Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Character Encoding Problem
Character Encoding Problem [message #77233] Mon, 22 November 2004 02:11 Go to next message
jalal
Hi All

i Do Multilingual Web Application in Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1

The Server Dynamically Encode all Request and Response Character to UTF-8

Now I Created a New OC4J Instace and Moved my web application to new Instace on the same server but the chracter Encoding is Not working now.

إدارة الشئون الإدارية this Word is looking as &Oslash;¥&Oslash;¯&Oslash;§&Oslash;±&Oslash;© &Oslash;§&Ugrave;„&Oslash;´&Oslash;¦&Ugrave;ˆ&Ugrave;† &Oslash;§&Ugrave;„&Oslash;¥&Oslash;¯&Oslash;§&Oslash;±&Ugrave;&#352;&Oslash;© by using request.getParameter(<FieldName>)

Please help me

Thanks and Regards

jalal
Re: Character Encoding Problem [message #77234 is a reply to message #77233] Mon, 22 November 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
If there is a way to specify the characterset in the Oracle connection - try making it match the DB characterset (don't set it to UTF8 unless the DB is UTF8).

select * from NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS;
(or maybe NLS_INSTANCE_PARAMETERS/NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS)

It could look something like AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
Re: Character Encoding Problem [message #77236 is a reply to message #77234] Mon, 22 November 2004 20:17 Go to previous message
jalal
Hi andrew
Thanks for your Reply

i would like to explain my problem in detail

i am not inserting any value in to the database

just i retrieve the value from form using request.getParameter("Field Name"); and printing out using out.println(request.getParameter("FieldName"));

before it was working fine.( before Creating New OC4J instace the application was deployed in the default OC4J_home Instance)

Now i created New OC4J_New Instance and Moved My Web application from OC4J_Home to OC4J_New
Now result was looking like Junked Data

إدارة الشئون الإدارية this Word is looking as &Oslash;¥&Oslash;¯&Oslash;§&Oslash;±&Oslash;© &Oslash;§&Ugrave;„&Oslash;´&Oslash;¦&Ugrave;ˆ&Ugrave;† &Oslash;§&Ugrave;„&Oslash;¥&Oslash;¯&Oslash;§&Oslash;±&Ugrave;&#352;&Oslash;© by using request.getParameter("FieldName");

i would like to clear following

1. Is there any way to set Request Encoding to UTF-8 in OC4J_New Instance
2. Is there any way to set Request Encoding to UTF-8 in All OC4J Instance in Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1.
3. What are the other Possibilities to change Request Encoding so that Multilingual page work fine.
Previous Topic: maximum amount of parameters?
Next Topic: OCI and Oracle SESSIONS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:48:42 CDT 2024