Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » SQL+ OK, but unabel to connect to WEB Forms
SQL+ OK, but unabel to connect to WEB Forms [message #77216] Wed, 17 November 2004 11:28 Go to next message
New to AS
OK - being new to most of this Oracle web stuff, please forgive the following:

I have recently installed Oracle 10g and 10gAS onto a W2K server. Everything seems OK - I can access the database from SQL+ and iSQL as well as view the demo Form accross the WEB on both ports 80 and 7778.

However, when I try to create my own Form, although it works (in that I don't get a URL error) I am prompted for a connection string. When I supply the connection string as from SQL+ it raises ORA-12154 : TNS couldn't resolve service name, and if I leave the Database out of the connection string (not an issue in iSQL) it (understandabily) raises ORA-12560: TNS protocal adapter error.

I have scanned the supplied documentation and many of the Oracle forums but as yet have not seen the answer I require.

And help is welcome - I'm assuming I have missed a few installation steps but am unsure where!

Thanks in advance.
Re: SQL+ OK, but unabel to connect to WEB Forms [message #77220 is a reply to message #77216] Thu, 18 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
SQLplus can either connect to a database by picking up the default local database (SID or service name) from the environment. Normally though you want to be able to connect to more than database and if you are using the default name resolution method of "local" then you'll be using TNSNAMES.ORA. Using Oracle's "Net Assistant" from the programs menu, add the definition of that database. Alternatley, add it manually to the TNSNAMES.ORA under ...networkadmin under the 10g home.
Re: SQL+ OK, but unabel to connect to WEB Forms [message #77230 is a reply to message #77220] Fri, 19 November 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me again
I have looked at both Net Manager and Net Confiruration Assistant, even tried manually editing both the TNSNAMES (database and Apps Server) but with no luck. :(

Have added and removed listener on the default posts 1521, 7778 as well as adding a IPC service....

Not enjoying this the moment - perhaps I should write to Larry and suggest he rethink this Web stuff and return to Client Server (it was so much simpler then (and it worked!))

Thanks anyway.
Difference B/W SQL ande SQl+ [message #77267 is a reply to message #77220] Sat, 25 December 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhupesh Kumar
Hi i want to know difference SQL and SQL+.
Re: Difference B/W SQL ande SQl+ [message #109231 is a reply to message #77267] Tue, 22 February 2005 21:50 Go to previous message
umesh
Hi Bhupesh.

There is a very simple diffrence b/w SQL and SQL+
every command in sql end with ;
in sql+ it does't happen.
and sql+ command do't intract with database.
if i make my database testDB then there will be
some command to intract testDB will be sql
commands
and sql+ dos't intract with testDB.

that's all
if any query then mail me
bye bye
take care
Previous Topic: packages
Next Topic: Apache Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:48:56 CDT 2024