Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Images in Oracle Applications
Images in Oracle Applications [message #76878] Fri, 06 February 2004 04:57 Go to next message
Stef
Hi there

How can I display images in a Oracle Applications (11.5.3) custom form?

I mean: where do I have to put the images on the server, and how can I recall them in the forms without inserting them in a table?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Best Regards

Stef
Re: Images in Oracle Applications [message #76943 is a reply to message #76878] Wed, 31 March 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NooBEmu
You can try the following procedure:

PROCEDURE READ_IMAGE_FILE
(file_name VARCHAR2,
file_type VARCHAR2,
item_id ITEM);

Or

PROCEDURE READ_IMAGE_FILE
(file_name VARCHAR2,
file_type VARCHAR2,
item_name VARCHAR2);

Associate it on a trigger and use an image item where the image should be displayed..
Re: Images in Oracle Applications [message #76944 is a reply to message #76943] Thu, 01 April 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stef
Thanks for the answer.

I alread knew this, but the problem is another one: WHERE do I have to put images on the server, in order to call them with the Read_Image_File procedure?

Best Regards

Stef
Re: Images in Oracle Applications [message #76966 is a reply to message #76944] Tue, 20 April 2004 05:18 Go to previous message
Makky
I think, it can read only from the local file system!
For example: READ_IMAGE_FILE('c:pict.gif','GIF','MAIN.PIC');

I tried to put the file on the Application Server's image directory, but it doesn't worked.
Previous Topic: rs.recordcount using ADO & Oracle
Next Topic: How to set a background image? >.<"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:41:44 CDT 2024