Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » IS ANYBODY ALIVE - with 9i AS
IS ANYBODY ALIVE - with 9i AS [message #76664] Mon, 17 March 2003 21:18 Go to next message
Tarun Kapoor
Hey Guys,

This group is for helping each other. There are 100's of people already working on 9i Application Server but none of you can spare a couple of minutes to answer my doubt which i posted a couple of days back.Sorry for the harsh subject but it is my helplessness that is the root cause . Pleaze help me out !!!

I want to install 9i AS(9.0.2.) on a standalone PC .My problem is:-

I installed Windows 2000 server on an NTFS partition.
Then i installed 9i Infrastructure(9.0.2) on a FAT partition on the same hard drive.
During the configuration everything works perfectly but the service "Start HTTP server" Fails. I have done the whole thing 3-4 times but it happens everytime .A couple of my frends are also having exactly the same problem.

Now when i continue to install 9i AS portal , then a screen comes which asks for 9i SSO hostname and SSO port number . The hostname of my PC is info-vesit . I have also tried info-versit.tarun.com where tarun.com is the primary DNS suffix. For the port no. i am entering 7777.
But when i click on next the following error comes up.??

"An error occured while verifying your host and port number. Please verify your hostname and port values. Return value for SSO running function is invalid "

Whereas the ping -a info-versit as well as ping -a info-vesit.tarun.com are working fine.

Please tell me how to proceed. Is it the faling of starting of HTTP server that is causing the problem.??

Regards,

Tarun
Re: IS ANYBODY ALIVE - with 9i AS [message #76786 is a reply to message #76664] Mon, 18 August 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonard
Did you configure your IP address and you hostname in the C:WINNTsystem32driversetchosts.

Do this and your problem will be solve. Remember to reboot after configuring it.
Re: IS ANYBODY ALIVE - with 9i AS [message #77286 is a reply to message #76664] Fri, 04 February 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muhamed zidane
everybody is dead,
Re: IS ANYBODY ALIVE - with 9i AS [message #153976 is a reply to message #76664] Thu, 05 January 2006 03:50 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

My Dear u r giving wrong port no while installing

listen

SSO port is 389 ( iAS 9i Rel 2)
SSO port is 3060 ( iAS 10g )
Previous Topic: AS in SOLARIS
Next Topic: run form from any where
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:22:19 CDT 2024