Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Classic Report- Sum based on Condition (Apex 4.2, Oracle 11g)
Classic Report- Sum based on Condition [message #651100] Wed, 11 May 2016 05:50 Go to next message
Xandot
Hi All,

I have created one classic report and I want to calculate SUM of the column based on some conditions like:

only records which started as 'ASB%' only that records should consider as in SUM value.

Please help me out ?

Thanks
Xandot
Re: Classic Report- Sum based on Condition [message #651107 is a reply to message #651100] Wed, 11 May 2016 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.
Re: Classic Report- Sum based on Condition [message #651115 is a reply to message #651107] Wed, 11 May 2016 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe that you should switch to an Interactive Report. It does such things easily, with no programming at all. You'd just filter records you're interested in and summary value would reflect the new data set's values.

Doing the same in a Classic Report is - as far as I can tell - difficult as you'd have to do everything manually (i.e. write some code which would do the job). Note that your own "summary function" might get rather complex as it requires you to take care about report's current WHERE clause (does it depend on some parameters already?), pay attention to filter you'd apply (is it 'ASB%' every time? Will you filter only one column or many of them?) etc.

Shortly, I'm not sure that the final result is worth such an effort, knowing that there's an alternative - Interactive Report.
Re: Classic Report- Sum based on Condition [message #651397 is a reply to message #651115] Tue, 17 May 2016 05:19 Go to previous message
Xandot
Thanks Littlefoot.
Previous Topic: APEX 4.0 IMPORT does not copy PL/SQL PACKAGE
Next Topic: LOV return all value if null SELECTED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:20:29 CDT 2024