Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Linking a tabular form to a report (APEX 3.2.1, oracle 11g, windows 7)
Linking a tabular form to a report [message #595576] Wed, 11 September 2013 17:12 Go to next message
SeniorInvissible
I'm just trying something simple.

Student(id, name, address)

I created a tabular form displaying all the studentIDs and names. What I want is when one is selected (I'm assuming for this purpose only one is selected and not multiple) and the submit button is clicked the report will open and display the name and address of the selection.

I have inserted a textfield named P14_StudentId in the report with the correct query however when I go back in the properties of the submit button, in the optional URL redirect option, I could choose the page of the report and even P14_student in the [set these items] field but don't know how to set #studentid# in the [value] field

What I want in effect at this point is to insert the chosen student ID in P14_studentid.
Re: Linking a tabular form to a report [message #595598 is a reply to message #595576] Thu, 12 September 2013 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why don't you use "Column link" tabular form item's property? It is designed so that you could call - among others - another page in your application?

If you want to do it differently, well, from my point of view & as far as I can tell, tabular forms are awkward animals and difficult to handle. I believe that you'd have to utilize APEX_APPLICATION.G_FXX array. Google for it for more information.
Re: Linking a tabular form to a report [message #595646 is a reply to message #595598] Thu, 12 September 2013 11:40 Go to previous message
SeniorInvissible
will do, thanks
Previous Topic: Linking two reports
Next Topic: Where to insert the validation for a textfield?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:22 CDT 2024