Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 (apex 4.1)
How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 [message #552898] Mon, 30 April 2012 01:56 Go to next message
gurujothi

Hi everyone,
can you tel me How to redirect to different pages based on userneme entered when they are logging in.
for example,
if username=a then page 2
if username=b then page 3 like this.

Thank you.
Re: How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 [message #552899 is a reply to message #552898] Mon, 30 April 2012 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does it mean that what Jari@OTN (as suggested here) didn't help?
Re: How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 [message #552901 is a reply to message #552899] Mon, 30 April 2012 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gurujothi

Hi Littlefoot,
am confusing lot in that:-(
Re: How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 [message #552906 is a reply to message #552901] Mon, 30 April 2012 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe so.

Certain functionalities are rather difficult to implement. Therefore, either spend (a lot of) time to figure it out, even if someone posts guidelines of how to do that, or abandon the idea and live with basic functionalities.
Re: How to redirect to different pages based on userneme from login page in apex4.1 [message #552996 is a reply to message #552906] Mon, 30 April 2012 14:10 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
The simplest solution i guess is just to add conditional branches on the first page entered. The branches can be set to be executed "on load: before header". Then you can add the targets and the conditions, and the branch matching the condition will be used.

Then there's also the apex_custom_auth.post_login procedure. There you give in a page id (first page to branch to after login) when registering the login, so I guess you'd might be able to tweak a bit with that one, and make it work. (I tried a little bit now, but I wasn't able to make it redirect to the page I wanted though. So you'd might want to go with just the simple branches)
Previous Topic: Creating page for reset password
Next Topic: Updating 2 Tables through Trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:52:57 CDT 2024