Home » Other » Marketplace » pls advice to get first dba job in united states (Oracle 9i)
pls advice to get first dba job in united states [message #548800] Mon, 26 March 2012 06:19 Go to next message
karan007
Hai Everyone,

I have cetified as an OCP in Oracle 9i ; but the problem is that I have no experience as a dba.Can anyone suggest that how to get a dba job for beginner in USA.Is there any company that hires new dba without EXP ..??Your Suggestions are Appreciated !!. So pls do the needful.
Thanking You,
With Regards,
KARAN
Re: pls advice to get first dba job in united states [message #548805 is a reply to message #548800] Mon, 26 March 2012 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Which proves that OCP (and even more 9i OCP) is useless.

Regards
Michel
Re: pls advice to get first dba job in united states [message #548812 is a reply to message #548800] Mon, 26 March 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
No-one will employ you as a DBA with zero experience, but that does not mean your OCP is useless. My first job with computers was driving the van that delivered them: look for something like that. When you've done it for a couple of months without crashing the van or stealing the computers, and you boss needs a new technician, your OCP will mean he puts you in the job, not the other van drivers. Work your way up. Qualifications are usually more useful in the long run than immediately.
Bur Michel is right about one thing: doing 9i is not enough, you now need to do the 9i-to-11g upgrade exam. That means you will have sat a total of 5 exams, and will be far more knowledgeable (particularly about new features) than people who have done only the 3 11g core exams.
Re: pls advice to get first dba job in united states [message #548844 is a reply to message #548812] Mon, 26 March 2012 11:31 Go to previous message
John Watson
Sent as a PM, I assume by mistake:Quote:
Dear John Watson,

Thanks for your Reply John.Can u Pls tell that where i need to start my career as a DBA coz i lost my touch in dba and also please tell the required materials to upgrade.I mean course materials..And also please discuss about your opinion Micrsoft SQL Server.Do i need to take this course also to work as a dba.Your reply is Appreciated...

Thanks

KARAN
Previous Topic: Regarding Career Shift
Next Topic: Oracle DBA Guru for Top-Tier Seattle e-Commerce Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:50:03 CDT 2024