Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Best Oracle Application Express Book
Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547748] Fri, 16 March 2012 04:22 Go to next message
djones
Hi fellows,

I'm new to APEX and seek your advice on a hands-on Oracle APEX book for beginners.

Thanks
Dean Jones
Re: Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547755 is a reply to message #547748] Fri, 16 March 2012 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

This one
http://www.amazon.com/Expert-Oracle-Application-Express-Dietmar/dp/1430235128
was co-authored by one of my colleagues, Dan McGhan
http://skillbuilders.com/oracle-apex/Application-Express-APEX-Consulting-Training.cfm?tab=application-development
I can't comment on how good the book is because I ain't involved much in development, but I can say that he is a bloody good developer. So it should have something of value.
Re: Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547761 is a reply to message #547755] Fri, 16 March 2012 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, any book you choose, make sure it covers the most recent Apex version (which is 4.1 at the moment). I bought a 3.2 version book (Apex - essentials and more) which is good, but - 4.x brings so many new things (for example, I'm fascinated with dynamic actions) that you might regret why reading something old at all (as if you were reading Windows 95 manual (OK, not exactly the same, but you understand the point, I hope)).

P.S. Why did I buy 3.2 at all? Because 4.x wasn't released, yet.
Re: Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547767 is a reply to message #547761] Fri, 16 March 2012 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Oracle Application Express Documentation
OTN Apex page with many examples and articles.

Regards
Michel

Re: Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547816 is a reply to message #547748] Fri, 16 March 2012 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oratech69
Hi Jones,

There are couple of beginners books to choose from. Beginners Oracle Application Express by Rick Greenwald and Create Rapid Applications Using Oracle Application Express by Riaz Ahmed.

I learned APEX from these two books. The later one, in my opinion, is the best of two. It is a complete tutorial book and guides its audience from APEX installation through application deployment. Both these books are listed on oracle's technetwork apex main page and Amazon as well.

Good Day
Re: Best Oracle Application Express Book [message #547916 is a reply to message #547816] Mon, 19 March 2012 00:19 Go to previous message
djones
Hello guys,

Thank you so much for your valuable guidance.

regards
Dean Jones
Previous Topic: Kill process
Next Topic: purge jobs in apex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:50:15 CDT 2024