Home » Applications » PeopleSoft, JD Edwards & Siebel » Research into large ERP systems for less large orgs and Outsourcing
Research into large ERP systems for less large orgs and Outsourcing [message #469769] Thu, 05 August 2010 14:49 Go to next message
msheard
I am studying an MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design at the City University London School of Informatics.

I am researching a dissertation on:

1. The cost effectiveness of large scale ERP systems such as Peoplesoft, Oracle e-Business Suite and SAP for less substantial organisations (with turnover < £150m). The scope of this research is restricted to these large scale systems and is not looking at the smaller scale ERP-lite software.
2. The reasons that user organisations have for outsourcing the operation of these ERP systems.
3. The extent to which these above two subjects are linked by studying the extent to which the ability to outsource makes ERP systems more accessible to less large organisations and whether it reduces the minimum size for cost effectiveness.

Part of the research will involve interviewing ERP consultancies, consultants who advise clients on the selection of ERP systems and outsourcing companies in order to gain a range of opinions and insights into these issues.

If you are a consultant or work for a company that provides these services and would be willing to be interviewed by me (either in person or by telephone) to discuss ERP systems for less large organisations, ERP outsourcing or both, I would like to hear from you.

In return for agreeing to be interviewed, I will offer respondents a copy of the final report.

The planned timescale for the research phase of project is the month of August, after which I will be analysing and reporting on the results of the research in order to finalise the dissertation in late September. For now I would like to identify consultants and companies who are willing to be interviewed.

You can email me if you would like to learn more about me or have any queries about my research.

Regards,

Michael Sheard
michael.sheard.1@city.ac.uk
MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design 2009/10
City University London
Re: Research into large ERP systems for less large orgs and Outsourcing [message #469770 is a reply to message #469769] Thu, 05 August 2010 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You have already opened the same topic here. As multiposting is not a good practice, this topic is locked. Anyone interested in sharing information is more than welcome to contribute the first topic you opened.
Re: Research into large ERP systems for less large orgs and Outsourcing [message #471703 is a reply to message #469769] Mon, 16 August 2010 14:56 Go to previous message
msheard
I am still looking for consultants who are willing to share their professional knowledge on these subjects with me. Please contact me if you are available to talk by phone in August or early September.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2010 01:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Get duplicates in People Soft
Next Topic: error first operand is null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:06:08 CDT 2024