Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » WebLogic memory usage: SOA and GRC (WL 10.3.2, GRC 8.0.1, SOA 11.1.1.2, JRockit 3.1.2)
WebLogic memory usage: SOA and GRC [message #465966] Fri, 16 July 2010 02:48 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm working on Oracle Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) which is implemented over WebLogic and SOA. My knowledge of WebLogic is bad (I was always an OC4J person.) The standard GRC installation results in 3 WebLogic servers (AdminServer, grc_server1, soa_server1) all in the base_domain. The default memory usage is too much for my sandbox environment (2 cores, 4G RAM.)
I've been reading the WebLogic docs and a few metalink articles, and I've been trying to control the heap space by reducing the -Xms and -Xmx settings in the setSOADomainEnv.sh (where they seem to be hard coded) and by setting them in $USER_MEM_ARGS (which is read by setDomainEnv.sh). The WebLogic admin tool looks pretty naff, the console doesn't seem to let me do any of this.

But the memory usage is still too much, the box is swapping badly. Can anyone point me towards any docs describing how to manage WebLogic memory allocations?
Re: WebLogic memory usage: SOA and GRC [message #466158 is a reply to message #465966] Sat, 17 July 2010 06:16 Go to previous message
John Watson
To answer my own question, it really does seem as though adjusting the Xms and Xmx arguments passed to the JVM is the only way to limit the memory usage. But even if I bring them down as low as -Xms256m -Xmx512m the JVMs still take about 2G of virtual memory when they start up, and want to keep about 1G resident.
Is this normal? I'm using OEL5.5 64bit.
I've found the jconsole tool shpped with JRockit, very nice for monitoring.
Previous Topic: Frm-92101
Next Topic: bulk insertion into ms access from oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:44:40 CDT 2024