Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Truncating arabic data/text when deployed on 10gAS & Eng text/data is Ok ! (Oracle10g As, solaris)
Truncating arabic data/text when deployed on 10gAS & Eng text/data is Ok ! [message #392504] Wed, 18 March 2009 04:16 Go to next message
mubeenmd
DETAILS:

When I run a report using report builder everything is fine. But when I deploy that same report on Application server & when I run from browser, the arabic data in the report is getting truncated ! where as English text/data is ok.

To solved this problem I have to expand each text / item in report builder. But why with arabic only? And how the report is working fine when run using Report Builder? For some reports even after expanding still gets truncated while deployed on Application server.

I think the FIX is around PDF. when report is deployed on AS, then output is generated in PDF & then above problem is encountered. Where as executed in Report Builder, output is generated in previewer which is fine.

please help

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2009 05:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Truncating arabic data/text when deployed on 10gAS & Eng text/data is Ok ! [message #393358 is a reply to message #392504] Sat, 21 March 2009 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mubeenmd
Or Is there any Browser setting to fix this issue ??
Re: Truncating arabic data/text when deployed on 10gAS & Eng text/data is Ok ! [message #472270 is a reply to message #392504] Thu, 19 August 2010 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikasg2006
No reply?........I am also getting same problem. Only Arabic character got truncated. say I put ************************ words in font 9 which is showing in 4 inch length in report builder design time, but after deploying , when run on server, in IE when it open, that small line truncated to two lines??? any solution??
Re: Truncating arabic data/text when deployed on 10gAS & Eng text/data is Ok ! [message #472469 is a reply to message #472270] Fri, 20 August 2010 15:39 Go to previous message
andrew again
incorrect characterset settings are commonly responsible for corrupted characters. In most charactersets, 7-bit ASCII (A-Z, 0-9 etc) are represented with the same ascii values, so even when you change characterset settings, those characters are likely to be fine.
1) check the NLS_LANG settings on your report builder machine.
2) check the NLS_LANG in the DAD (assuming reports use DADs). The NLS_LANG characterset doesn't necessarily need to match the database characterset, but it needs to be compatible with your Arabic chars.
3) Make sure that your web browser is displaying the page with the right encoding (assuming your report is some sort of HTML output). The browser's encoding setting would be specified in the HTML headers (assuming your output is HTML). Doe IE, FF etc all have the same issue?
4) Determine if all users have the same issue (to determine if it's a browser machine or server issue). Is the issue with all reports, or just some...

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2010 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Mulitple IP address for server
Next Topic: running two reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:43:38 CDT 2024