Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » IAS migration from 9i to 10g
IAS migration from 9i to 10g [message #389921] Wed, 04 March 2009 02:29 Go to next message
surendraocp
Hi mike,

I am surendra. I am working on Dorms6i and Oracle 9iAS and have an application developed on the same. I intend to migrate the same to Oracle 10gAS 10.2.1.2 and Same version of Oracle 10g DS. I downloaded and installed Oracle 10gAS on a machine, however, I do not see any forms or reports services installed. I downloaded 3 files (disk1,2 & 3) from oracle site. I am pretty confused as it is not looking the way 9 iAS is. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Also, is it possible that I can install Both AS & DS on the same machine for the test phase and actually apart from development what is the role of 10g DS.

In anticipation

Thanks a lot
Surendra
surendraocp@rediffmail.com
Re: IAS migration from 9i to 10g [message #389926 is a reply to message #389921] Wed, 04 March 2009 02:56 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not familiar with IAS installation so I can't help much.

However, asking whether
Quote:
is it possible that I can install Both AS & DS on the same machine for the test phase and actually apart from development what is the role of 10g DS.
what do you call "10g DS"? Is it a Database Server or Developer Suite? I'd say that you are talking about the Developer Suite (as you've mentioned "development").

Anyway, both can be installed on the machine you used to install IAS. All Oracle products should be installed into their own directories (Oracle Homes). However, note that performances might decrease.

Quote:
apart from development what is the role of 10g DS
None, as far as I can tell. It is used to develop forms and reports. If you don't want to do that (develop your own solutions) (or you have purchased them from someone else), I guess that you don't need Developer Suite.
Previous Topic: application server problem
Next Topic: A question about oc4j and forms service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:58:54 CDT 2024