Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Display value in text field
Display value in text field [message #383804] Fri, 30 January 2009 05:54 Go to next message
Derek N
I have an interactive report that displays Part Number, Department, Quantity. The Part number varies per page. I have created an item on the page as a text field.

Under the 'Default' section of the page item I entered #PARTNO#. When I run the report, #PARTNO# only displays and not the actual part number. Tried &PARTNO. and displays a blank.

How do I get the actual part number to display
Re: Display value in text field [message #384343 is a reply to message #383804] Tue, 03 February 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
I don't quite understand what you have here. Where is this PARTNO stored? Is it an application item? When is its value set? Setting an item to a value by using &SOMEITEM. (SOMEITEM being an application or page item) as the default value works for me, so I suspect that your PARTNO item might actually be null when the default value is set, or if the item doesn't exist it will always be seen as null. Have you tried using the session link at the bottom of the page to see what exactly is in the PARTNO item?
Re: Display value in text field [message #384353 is a reply to message #384343] Tue, 03 February 2009 08:43 Go to previous message
Derek N
Thanks, Resolved
Previous Topic: How do I decipher name of user
Next Topic: How do you refer to value in a Select list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:03:04 CDT 2024