Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Which tools i need to download and install to work with APEX (Windows2003 Server)
Which tools i need to download and install to work with APEX [message #379021] Sun, 04 January 2009 00:35 Go to next message
dbhossain

Dear experts,

I am expereinced with Orale database server 10g,Developer 10g,
Report 10g. Now i am going to develop a Project as per the client requirement with APEX. can you please suggest me which application i do install and which database required here. previously i would use Oracle Database server 10g, developer 10g, reports 10g. But for APREX what are those tools? please help me.

Thank you.

Kamal Hossain
Re: Which tools i need to download and install to work with APEX [message #379039 is a reply to message #379021] Sun, 04 January 2009 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you install Oracle 10g Express Edition, it contains both the database and Application Express (APEX). Therefore, 10g XE should be enough for you to develop the product.
Re: Which tools i need to download and install to work with APEX [message #379101 is a reply to message #379021] Sun, 04 January 2009 20:22 Go to previous message
dr.s.raghunathan
HI,

As LF said you can install oracle 10g XE and apex can serve your own development purpose. Since you have said that it is for your client, how are you going to solve reports problems. Though BI is one of the solution it is a costly affair. since you have preferred free version, what else other alternatives you have for creating reports. Your experience / solution may help to many other forum members too. Hence you are requested to share your development experience with forum.
yours
dr.s.raghunathan
Previous Topic: Windows user name from Oracle Apex
Next Topic: Apex on existing Oracle DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:22:18 CDT 2024