Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » JSON
JSON [message #635539] Tue, 31 March 2015 12:53 Go to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

How to join JSON in our forum[ 8 votes ]
1. Let it in SQL & PL/SQL forum 0 / 0%
2. Add it to "JDeveloper, Java & XML" forum 4 / 50%
3. Split "JDeveloper, Java & XML" forum into "JDeveloper & Java" and "XML & JSON" ones 4 / 50%
4. Other (specify in your answer) 0 / 0%

As JSON is now natively supported by Oracle 12c and is part of XML DB extension I think we may add JSON to our "JDeveloper, Java & XML" forum, or split it into 2 forums "JDeveloper & Java" and "XML & JSON" as XML questions have now few relations with JDeveloper and Java.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 March 2015 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JSON [message #635540 is a reply to message #635539] Tue, 31 March 2015 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Since JSON stands for JavaScript object notation, I think it would be confusing to separate it from the other java stuff, even if it has more in common with XML, so I voted for option 2, putting it with the JDeveloper, Java, and XML stuff, without splitting it.
Re: JSON [message #635541 is a reply to message #635540] Tue, 31 March 2015 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

This is a good point I didn't consider focusing on the technical part (and using JSON in PHP and PL/SQL but not in JavaScript Smile ).

Re: JSON [message #635572 is a reply to message #635541] Wed, 01 April 2015 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
I'm really torn on this one.

For one thing, Java has pretty much nothing to do with JavaScript (aside from the confusing name similarity that just happened because Java was cool when they invented JavaScript).

And then, both XML and JSON (and pretty much any file or data format, like CSV or even binary Excel files) can be each handled with a multitude of applications and libraries. So my preference would be to split the "File Formats" from the "Tools", so that would be option three.

Perhaps the new forum could be "XML, JSON and other formats" or something like that.

(And I do most of my XML and JSON handling in PERL) Wink
Re: JSON [message #635593 is a reply to message #635572] Thu, 02 April 2015 01:10 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
I voted for option 3.

I think keeping JSON(JavaScript object notation) along with "JDeveloper, Java", would be like trying to relate JavaScript with Java. Java and JavaScript are similar like Car and Carpet.

so, new forum could be "XML & JSON".
Previous Topic: List of topics with top views in each sub-forum
Next Topic: OraFAQ blogs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:16:32 CDT 2024