Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables
Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables [message #77035] Mon, 12 July 2004 19:07 Go to next message
Piyush Balan
Hi,

Am having a global temporary table in my application with ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS option.

I use it in a procedure to remove previous records, populate new ones and return a ref cursor

Am calling this procedure from a java bean. In this call, the procedure gets executed successfully but when i try to access the RefCursor Object, I get an SQL Exception that the object no longer exists.

Here are some inputs for reference:

My DB Call:
cstmt = myConn.prepareCall ("{ call MYPACKAGE.GTT_PROCEDURE(?,?,?,?,?, ?,?,?,?,?, ?,?,?,?,?)}");

My RefCursor Access:
rsRuleSet = (ResultSet)cstmt.getObject(11);

The SQLException:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Please note that the SQLException shown as per Java Stack trace is on the line with the RefCursor Access

If anybody has any idea, then do reply

Thanks in Advance,

Piyush
Re: Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables [message #77080 is a reply to message #77035] Wed, 18 August 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilesh Rane
set autocommit to false before calling stored procedure. once u have got the result set in ur object, set conn.commit explicitly.
Re: Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables [message #182614 is a reply to message #77080] Mon, 17 July 2006 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siva_akkiraju
Hi Nilesh Rane,

Thank you very much for your clue. I have eliminated the "Object No Longer JavaSQLException" with the setAutoCommit(false).

Yours Friendly,
Siva.
Re: Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables [message #281172 is a reply to message #77080] Thu, 15 November 2007 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dharma4ora
Hi Nilesh,
Thanks for posting this, i had the same problem, was going thru forum's FAQ and got the answer for my problem, thanks again.

Regards,
Dharma.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2007 23:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Java Error while Using GLobal Temporary Tables [message #510032 is a reply to message #281172] Thu, 02 June 2011 03:58 Go to previous message
rabeekahamed
I am also having the same problem. But I am calling the procedure from C#. Can you tell me how do I set setAutoCommit(false) in C#.net.

Thank in advance,
Rabeek Ahamed
Previous Topic: Groups in OID
Next Topic: calling report from wan gives page cannot be displyed while on lan working perfect.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 17:46:07 CDT 2024