Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » NEW TO APEX and Exploring. Please help
NEW TO APEX and Exploring. Please help [message #629851] Tue, 16 December 2014 11:17 Go to next message
praveenr.kumar
Hello Experts

I am new to Oracle APEX. As a requirement in my work place, i am trying to derive certain metrics(Record Count, Record Variance between 2 tables etc) when an PL/SQL script is being executed on the DB. I was suggested to use Oracle APEX by forum members. So was exploring what i could do with APEX.

So today i created a workspace via https://apex.oracle.com. I still dont have the Oracle client installed on my work machine.

My target for today is just to explore APEX and see how the reports in charts or graphs are presented and looks like. My question is, is there a way for me to generate some kind of sample reports within the existing applications or tables.

Re: NEW TO APEX and Exploring. Please help [message #629861 is a reply to message #629851] Tue, 16 December 2014 14:55 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you acquired a workspace on apex.oracle.com, then you already have a sample schema available. You can access it via Apex' SQL Workshop. I believe there are Scott's EMP and DEPT tables (or even maybe HR schema; can't tell for sure, I don't use Apex over there). Even if there aren't any tables, create a few of them in SQL Workshop and then test your skills by creating an application which contains different page types (charts, reports, forms, whatever).
Previous Topic: Using ORDS (Apex Listener) with ICAP virus scanning
Next Topic: Invalid Number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:17:57 CDT 2024