Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Automatic Row Fetch (ARF) (Apex 3.2.1)
Automatic Row Fetch (ARF) [message #442185] Fri, 05 February 2010 03:59 Go to next message
BBMamun
Hi Experts
I prefer using oracle provided facilities in Apex. I like to use Automatic Row Fetch process to populate DML form page by clicking a button depending on user parameter and update/delete the record accordingly as we did in Oracle Forms Execute_Query procedure. Any help...Please

Hasan Al MAmun
Re: Automatic Row Fetch (ARF) [message #442214 is a reply to message #442185] Fri, 05 February 2010 06:56 Go to previous message
gtrianta
The build in automatic row fetch of APEX is based on a simple concept. If the primary key is populated from the caller (in URL parameters) the page behavior is like you press EXECUTE-QUERY in forms. In that mode you can update or delete the current record. Then you can user a hidden variable (with values UPDATE/DELETE) to hide/show the update or delete buttons accordingly.

If the primary key is not populated from the caller then the page behavior is again like in forms. You are presented with an empty form ready to accept a new record.

So I guess you can simulate all functions in APEX.

Regards
George

Previous Topic: Need suggestion in selecting Apex for new development
Next Topic: Help wanted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:53:55 CDT 2024