Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Exporting data into csv from report region (3.1)
Exporting data into csv from report region [message #441808] Wed, 03 February 2010 03:51 Go to next message
delna.sexy
Hi all,

I have some problem in exporting data from report region, because I have to do it with some different kind of situation.
Actually, I have developed a report which contains tree view.
And using java script, I expand and colapse rows up to 3 levels.
Now I have developed one custom export link, which exports all the rows in CSV file (whether or not rows are hidden in tree view).
But now, I have to export only those rows which are visible on the screen, that means, the rows which are not yet expanded should not be exported.

And, I have stuck up here.

Do anyone know the solution? any help?

regards,
Delna
Re: Exporting data into csv from report region [message #446774 is a reply to message #441808] Wed, 10 March 2010 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,
do you mean to say whatever displayed ie 1-15 rows only need to be converted in csv or whatever filtered on entire table need to be converted? i do not know the solution, but witnessed solution by meself on others job. Let me also refresh / get / understand the solution offered to you by others.
raghu
Re: Exporting data into csv from report region [message #446884 is a reply to message #446774] Wed, 10 March 2010 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Hi dr.s.raghunathan,

Thanks for interest.
But I already solved it by following logic.

As I said in OP, let's say query is populating 20 rows.
And using java script, I displayed it in tree view format.
And there are four parent rows with collapse (+) button and each containing 4 child records within it.
Now my requirement was like, If user has expanded first record, then total number of records on the screen will be 8 (1 expanded row + 4 child row + 3 unexpanded row).
And after that, if user clicks on 'export' link, only 8 rows should be exported.

And I came up with following solution.
I added one hidden column having flag value.
If the parent row is collapsed, flag will contain 0. And if row is expanded then flag for that row will contain 1.
Then I read whole report data using APEX_APPLICATION package.
Exported only specific data only using flag value.

regards,
Delna

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2010 22:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exporting data into csv from report region [message #446893 is a reply to message #446884] Wed, 10 March 2010 23:01 Go to previous message
ramoradba
Thanks for the feedback delna..

sriram Smile
Previous Topic: How to use Extensible Attributes for Service request API
Next Topic: how to run pl sql web pages from local machine?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:19:19 CDT 2024