Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition (oracle 10.2.0.1.0, XP)
Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #393319] Sat, 21 March 2009 07:39 Go to next message
gurusuryas

Hi friends,

I have installed oracle 10.2.0.1.0 Enterprise edition , now i want to install APEX 3.2 in this Oracle enterprise edition . Please tell me the procedure step y step.

thanks

Gurus
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #393328 is a reply to message #393319] Sat, 21 March 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why do you think that someone will make effort and rewrite the installation guide? Why wouldn't you read it and follow the instructions by yourself? Documentation can be found here.
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #393371 is a reply to message #393319] Sun, 22 March 2009 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gurusuryas

yes i got it..

thanks
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #408097 is a reply to message #393371] Sat, 13 June 2009 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue2f
Gurusuryas, have you been able to successfully install Apex 3.2 on your Oracle 10g database? If so, would you care to share some of your installation steps?

I'm using Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Solaris 10 and after successfully installing Apex, I am unable to find the dads.conf file anywhere on my system. There are a lot of holes in the installation instructions - for example, I found out after my first installation that I needed to run catblock.sql in <Oracle_DB_Home>\rdbms\admin prior to running @apxins.

I have an existing Apache 1.3 webserver, can I configure that to recognize mod_plsql? Or, do I have to use the Oracle HTTP_Server which I am not entirely sure if I that is installed.

Haven't been a DBA since 2004 so I am a little rusty; any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #602011 is a reply to message #408097] Thu, 28 November 2013 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prajmehta

Amazingly the entire documentation related to APEX, OHS and mod_plsql has been written by writers, who are not programmers. They didn't walk through their own instructions to see if they worked.

Moderator: That explains why "gurus" asked for steps. I am an experienced and senior Oracle professional and have used Ora Docs for the last 20 years. Yet, the instructions in this case are sorely lacking. A little bit of empathy on the part of docs writers and moderator of this forum would help a lot.

They ask you to do things that don't exist on the server (even after following all the steps scrupulously). They point to links that don't exist and resolve to the top of Ora Docs.

Hmmph, frustration is running high. Sorely need a set of instructions that work.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 November 2013 16:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #602029 is a reply to message #602011] Fri, 29 November 2013 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, I managed to install and work with 3.2, 4.1 and 4.2 without any problems, simply by following the Installation Guide. That might have been because I was lucky, but - I also know people who did the same and use Apex for years.

The original question was asked 4 years ago and I don't remember the 3.2 installation process step-by-step. If you, by any chance, have the installation walkthrough, written by your hands during the installation process, which describes what you did as well as difficulties you have had (and the way you fixed them), and - above all - want to share it with the community, that would be great!

However, I don't know many people who are still on 3.2; I guess not many of them are interested in an old version. A 4.2 walkthrough might yield a better success. Please, feel free to explain the process to anyone interested. Moreover, I hope you've come to stay and participate future discussions. Welcome!
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #602367 is a reply to message #602029] Tue, 03 December 2013 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prajmehta

I'll run through a 4.2 installation today and post steps if I succeed. If anyone has done it successfully, I'd love to ask a question or two. Please reply if you have.
Re: Installing Oracle apex 3.2 in oracle 10G enterprise edition [message #602381 is a reply to message #602367] Tue, 03 December 2013 15:30 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why don't you just ask those questions?
Previous Topic: Apex: Changing page submit Waiting/Loading Image
Next Topic: upload text file through DAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:35:13 CDT 2024