Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How to add new label template to existing theme (Apex 4.2)
How to add new label template to existing theme [message #600120] Fri, 01 November 2013 01:17 Go to next message
anil001
I am using Blue Responsive theme for my application and noticed that few important label templates like 'Optional with Help', 'Required with Help' etc are missing in this theme.

I see same exist in Green Spring theme but I do not like that theme.

I am not able to figure out how to update Blue Responsive theme to add additional label templates. Also made a copy of it, but still not sure how to do it.

Appreciate your feedback and if you could let me steps how to achieve this. Thanks for your help.
Re: How to add new label template to existing theme [message #600123 is a reply to message #600120] Fri, 01 November 2013 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you intentionally choose the Blue Responsive theme (because of what responsive web design means), or did you just like the colors? If the first, have a look at Apex documentation - Managing Themes (contains "About Using Theme 25 to Create a Responsive Design" section as well), maybe you'll find it useful. If the latter, well, Apex offers zillion of themes - choose some other "normal" theme you find attractive.
Re: How to add new label template to existing theme [message #600198 is a reply to message #600123] Sat, 02 November 2013 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil001
I was able to find out that there is no need to select 'Optional with Help'. As long as we add Help Text for the item, it automatically shows '?' icon for the help. Pretty Cool !!!!

Also, following article helped me to add tooltip as well:

http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com/using-tooltips-in-oracle-apex-applications/

Regarding Themes, I only see these 2 themes: Blue Responsive and Green Spring. Any idea how do I see additional themes or add them to my app?
Re: How to add new label template to existing theme [message #600206 is a reply to message #600198] Sun, 03 November 2013 04:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
An application uses one theme at time. You can switch to another theme if you wish. How? Read the same document I pointed you to in my previous message, "Switching an Active Theme" section.
Previous Topic: Apex Dynamic Actions
Next Topic: Tabular Form created on a View is not Updating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:52:10 CDT 2024