Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Moving APEX screens from one schema to other schema (APEX 4.2)
Moving APEX screens from one schema to other schema [message #571311] Fri, 23 November 2012 04:08 Go to next message
srinivas.k2005
Hi

I have created APEX screens in Database Schema A, now i have to move the same screens from Schema A to Schema B.
Please let me know the steps tp move the screens from Same DB but different Schemas.Move form existing Schema A to Schema B.

Thanks,
Srinivas
Re: Moving APEX screens from one schema to other schema [message #571336 is a reply to message #571311] Fri, 23 November 2012 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure I understood what "moving screens" means, but - maybe you could try with opening your application's "Edit Application Properties" page and change "Parsing schema" property.

If there's only one schema (Schema A in your case), then log on to Apex Admin page, go to Manage Workspaces, navigate to "Manage Workspace to Schema Assignments" and assign Schema B to your workspace. Obviously, you'd now do the first step (modify parsing schema).
Re: Moving APEX screens from one schema to other schema [message #571459 is a reply to message #571336] Mon, 26 November 2012 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivas.k2005
Thanks for your help. I had tried the above it did not help. I can not change the parsing schema.
This application has one existing parsing schema CPRADMIN and the forms access database objects from schema CPRADMIN and another schema CPR_APEX.

I have created my reports in CPRADMIN schema. Now I want to point to new schema GFL_GENERAL_LEDGER.

But problem is if change the parsing schema from CPRADMIN to GFL_GENERAL_LEDGER, then the existing report are not working as those are pointing to 2 existing schema.

Please let me know if there is any other workaround.
Re: Moving APEX screens from one schema to other schema [message #573473 is a reply to message #571459] Sat, 29 December 2012 02:46 Go to previous message
delna.sexy
may be you can try GFL_GENERAL_LEDGER.<TABLE> in your page. And yes, provide proper grants also.

regards,
Delna
Previous Topic: passing parameters to apex url
Next Topic: when apex report save to csv format it change the data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:11:55 CDT 2024