Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0 Browser Cache Shows Old Text (.txt) File (Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0, OS:RHEL-4 (Server Edition) on IBM XServer)
Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0 Browser Cache Shows Old Text (.txt) File [message #485590] Wed, 08 December 2010 23:57 Go to next message
cmzala
I have searched for similar topic but didn't find any.

Our setup is on IBM XServer with RHEL-4 (Advance Platform).
We are using Oracle Application Server 10g with Weblogic Server 10.3.3.0 (Production Environment).

We have developed browser based applications using JSP+Core Java, and Oracle Database as back-end.

We are creating text based reports (text files) through Java classes, and access that report through browser.

It is fine, when I generate a report for the first time (e.g. a Purchase Order No.1012005297), I am able to see that text output as report (i.e. PurchaseOrder.txt) on the browser, and print it.

The Problem:
When I generate the same report second time (even after 2-3 hours or so) with different parameter values (e.g. a Purchase Order No.1012005298) with same file name i.e. PurchaseOrder.txt, I get the old output from the browser cache.

The text file PurchaseOrder.txt generated is correct (i.e. PO No.1012005298) that I can see the actual text file on the server through a terminal window (OS access). So there is NO programming issue.

The Solution (Not Practical):
To solve this problem, every next time, I need to clear the browser cache or use a different file name (e.g. PurchaseOrder_1.txt) before generating the report text file, to see the latest report created on the Server.

If I do not clear the browser cache, the browser shows the previously generated report.

NOTE: The same is working fine (show latest report on the browser) on the "Development Environment". Also, the same application is working fine on the Oracle-9i Application Server since many years.

There may be some flag to set on the Production Environment, I guess.
Re: Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0 Browser Cache Shows Old Text (.txt) File [message #485792 is a reply to message #485590] Thu, 09 December 2010 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmzala
Is there anybody who can help me to solve this problem?

I want to get changed text report file on the browser, without cleaning the browser cache.

Thank You.
Re: Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0 Browser Cache Shows Old Text (.txt) File [message #490393 is a reply to message #485792] Mon, 24 January 2011 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmzala
I got the solution from my friends.

I added the following TAGs in my .war file's WEB-INF/weblogic.xml and it is working fine now.
There are 3 tags that can be used:
1) servlet reload check
2) resource reload check (I use this for my .txt files)
3) JSP reload check

You can check more details on the Oracle site, the link is provided in the attachment.

See the attached weblogic.txt (weblogic.xml) I used.

Oracle forums didn't helped!! Mad

CMZala
  • Attachment: weblogic.txt
    (Size: 1.09KB, Downloaded 1835 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2011 06:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Weblogic Server 11g Ver:10.3.3.0 Browser Cache Shows Old Text (.txt) File [message #490399 is a reply to message #490393] Mon, 24 January 2011 07:51 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for sharing the solution.

There's no need to be angry; if someone knew how to help, you'd probably get assistance. Note that most people use SQL, not that many of them different development tools (such as JDeveloper, Forms and similar), while only a few have knowledge about not-that-frequent areas (such as Weblogic server).
Previous Topic: Oracle Application Server Installation Windows 2008 Server
Next Topic: How to deploy a web service on Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.0.2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:18:41 CDT 2024